Wednesday, March 2, 2016

21 weeks.

IT'S A BOY!

How far along? 21 weeks 
Total weight gain: +1
Maternity clothes? I have been wearing some of my non-maternaty tops, maternity pants and leggings anything with an elastic band feels great!
Sleep:  I've had a few restless nights just not being able to sleep. David came home one day with a snoogle for me. He said he was looking for one for me around Christmas and finally found one and I'm loving it. It's making this side sleeping thing a little easier and I'm not waking up feeling so stiff.
Best moment this week: I've been feeling this little guy move and groove so much this week, it stops me in my tracks and I just love to watch my belly do little flops and feel him move all around. David even got to feel the little guy once.
Worst Moment this week: my emotions have just been getting the best of me. I find myself crying over really dumb things and getting angry over just as silly things.
Miss Anything? I'm still missing my energy. I used to be able to clean my whole house in a day and now scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees takes everything in me. I don't know if I will ever get used to slowing down.
Cravings: Sandwiches, any kind of sandwich, Italian, turkey, chicken. I love em all. 
Symptoms: Im still dealing with headaches, I thought they were starting to subside some but I was wrong. I'm also starting to deal with some shortness of breath from just doing simple things like eating. I think it is just all the added  growth in the belly area that I'm not used to. On the nice days we have had I've been able to get outside and do some exercising and that has felt great.    
Looking forward to:  Continuing nursery prep!  That is so much fun.  I have come across many new and unique things, and I can't wait to implement them into my own nursery, finally. I've been interesting on those sleepless nights and I have a lot of ideas that I can't wait to incorporate. right now we need to finish the quarter round in baby's room and then David is redoing  the closet into a vision I have. Poor guy I have lots of bright ideas and he is always the one carrying them out.



We had our anatomy scan this week and the only thing the ultrasound tech noticed was that he has a two vessel cord. Most babies' umbilical cords have three blood vessels: one vein, and two arteries. But a two-vessel cord has just one vein and one artery. The doctors at Magee's hospital are going to take a better look at his heart and kidneys because they grow at the same rate as the umbilical cord and it can effect the growth of the heart and the kidneys. The two vessel cord can also effect the growth of our little guy as well. She said more than likely I will not be delivering an 8-10lb. baby (praise the Lord). As of right now he is growing right on track with his due date but we will have to have more ultrasounds than normal to keep track of baby's growth but I'm always ok with getting extra peeks at him! Right now he is kicking up a storm, letting me know he is just fine! Please continue to pray for the healthy growth of our little one. XOXO

P.S. As many of you know our little ones name is being kept a secret except his initial of the letter C. We have had many guesses and we promise if you guess right we will let you know. So far no one has guessed his extra special name!

Baby boy with his hand by his face.

No comments :

Post a Comment