Thursday, January 7, 2016

Fitzgerald's First Birthday Cake


This year I opted to try a different cake for Fitzgerald's First Birthday. You can find Ronin's first birthday cake here. Fitz ended up with a much bigger cake, but I also didn't throw him a birthday party like I did Ronin, so it evens out..I think. I hope I'm not like this with our children... Our dogs have very sensitive stomachs, its rare that we go a week without one of them waking us up in the middle of the night sick. So for them to eat this whole cake (over the span of three days) and not get sick- GO ME!

I hope your puppies enjoy this cake as much as mine did! If nothing else, the peanut butter is always a hit!

Ingredients

2 ripe bananas
3 tbsp honey
1/4 c. yogurt
2 c. water
3 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. natural oats

Icing

Peanut Butter
Honey
Dog treats of your choice

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray cake pans with nonstick spray. I used two different sizes for the stacked cake look.
Combine ingredients.
Bake for 1 hour.
Add icing once cake has cooled.






No comments :

Post a Comment