Sunday, July 20, 2014

10 (maybe 11) Facts about the Pastor from the Pastor's wife.


1. The Pastor does more than just drink coffee and meet with people...it's true, despite this mornings Dunkin Donuts run.
2. After church on Sundays, the Pastor is exhausted(see my very first blog post for why)...naps are gold.
3. Pastoring is an all day, every day thing. It isn't only on Sunday mornings. There is no time clock to punch. He punched in and has never punched out yet...every second, every minute.
4. Sometimes the Sunday morning illustrations about our family are exaggerated, and sometimes he spares you from the sometimes ugly truth...it makes for a good story.
5. When you don't show up, you disappoint, not just the Pastor, but the body...find a better excuse than "My dog ate my Bible." Really, that's what your excuses sound like.
6. He is a person just like everyone else...you heard me.
7. The Pastor sees you sleeping on Sunday mornings...and then he comes home and tells me, you can't hide.
8. He enjoys encouraging feedback about how he is doing, it doesn't always work when he hears it from his wife every Sunday..."Great sermon this morning."
9. To have people bought into the vision and committed to kingdom work brings him great joy...after all he spends most of his time doing this.
10. He cares about you (church), more than you know and prays for you often...you should pray for him.
Ok, I know I said 10, but here is number 11, just because...
11.The Pastor has the hardest and greatest job in the world...you better believe it.

1 comment :

  1. I love this. Makes my heart smile and frown at the same time because I know I have disappointed a lot lately. Life is hard. Trying to walk in the word when there is so much evil is honestly the hardest thing I have ever attempted...and I have failed miserably. -Michelle Bunting

    ReplyDelete