Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Blackberries and Juice.


After living in our house for 11 months and 5 days, I JUST discovered that we have a patch of blackberry bushes. If you can just imagine for a minute my husband in the yard burning garbage and the loud "OH MY GOODNESS" shout that I made very abruptly while cleaning a few things up in the yard, and my husbands hesitance to turn around in horror of what he might find. He is very used to the fact that I tend to be dramatic coupled with the many creatures that like to live on the property. In wild excitement I said "We have blackberry bushes...like a lot of blackberry bushes!" His unamused response was "I know." If you can also imagine the disappointment on my face as I contemplated all the blackberries that went to waste last season, just sad, but not this year! This year every last berry is going to be picked, even if I have to put on a full body suit to go in after them. The allergy attack that I had later that night was, in my book, still worth it compared to the gold mine I had found earlier!
I just recently became a juicer and blackberries are one of the ingredients. So if you juice, you MUST try this:
1 cup of blackberries
4 granny smith apples
2 handfuls of spinach
15 baby carrots
You can always give or take on the amount of each fruit you use.

~Don't forget to subscribe to the blog by submitting your email at the bottom of the page! You will be notified each time a post is made.
~Also check out our Facebook page Sunday Morning.

No comments :

Post a Comment