Monday, November 14, 2016

FOUR.

FOUR.
Another month has quickly passed us by.  His bright eyes and the animation that fills his face when he locks eyes with someone he loves (which seems to be everyone these days..) is just nothing that can be put into words.  This month has been A BLAST!  As much as I miss his teeny newborn self, I have really enjoyed experiencing his growth, development, and explosion of his personality come through.  This boy is basically smiling 100% of the time.   As if his gummy grin from ear to ear isn't enough- his smiling eyes will get you right in the feels.
Goodness I.love.him. 

We went for Canaan's 4 month well visit first thing this morning and my how much this sweet boy has grown!  Dr. Tony was impressed by his rolly polly legs and double chin(s).  We have a healthy baby boy on our hands.



Canaan at FOUR months
Weight:  13 pounds 3 ounces (7% percentile)
Birth: 6 lbs 9 oz
Height: 25.5 in (61% percentile)
Birth: 19.5 in
Head: 41.5 cm (41% percentile)


Sweet boy had his 4 month shots(well 1/2 of the 4 mo. shots) and took them like a champ!  He barely cried, make it easier on mama! I know having his daddy holding him helped a ton. 


 whats new..
His belly is about to bust out of size 1 diapers so we are finishing up the open packs we have and will be switching soon to size 2.  He still wears 0-3 month clothes (Gap + Old Navy + Children's Place), but the 3 month Carter's sleepers are getting a touch too short for him. It won't be long before he's wearing the larger sizes.  I am absolutely loving his chubby self, though.  
Keep growing, big boy!

We have officially been giggling and belly laughing for mommy and daddy and we can't get enough of it! Canaan does this raspy inhale when he is really happy or finds something amusing, its hilarious. Boyfriend also growls...i know.  We roll consistently now from belly to back once he has had enough of the tummy time, but we have only rolled from back to belly once.




LOVES
LOVES to look at himself.  A reflection, the mirror, at the phone.  He studies himself and lets out a cough/laugh/giggle with the biggest grin on his face.  He's got one strong selfie game!
LOVES Veggies...Yes, Veggie Tales.  He hollers at the television any time he sees them - and again with the crazy inhale  thing he does.
LOVES the bumbo seat.  He sits so confidently in that seat.  He holds his core and head up well enough to be comfortable and not completely squished like last month.  He also loves it because its the best seat in the house.
LOVES his wubby - but still cant figure out that when he grabs the elephant the pacy part comes out of his mouth. We get so mad.
LOVES being outside.
LOVES looking at books.
LOVES bath time.  He has started to kick kick kick his feet in the water.  Add in a little arm flailing and mama is soaked and he's a happy boy.
LOVES to be worn in the solly wrap. This was also a life saver with our quick weekend travel trip out of town.
HATES
HATES being alone.  This social baby is incredibly happy, but when he doesn't have anyone in his line of vision he gets pretty uptight and fusses a little until he is reassured someone is there.
HATES hateshateshates the carseat.  still.
I'm so thankful the LOVES outweigh the HATES:)

E A T

As you can tell from this boy's growth since birth and even since last month, he's an incredible eater. We are going to start bumping her bottles up to 4 ounces during the day.  He's only getting  two bottles a day, twice a week while I'm away and the rest of the time he's exclusively nursing.  The other days maybe one or none depending on my schedule.  He eats about every 3-4 hours and waking about 4:30am to eat, 8am before I leave for work, 12-1pm, and then about 4pm when I get home.  Occasionally he has been known to sleep through that 8am feeding:)  Then its 7pm after we all eat dinner, and then he's down for the night by 9pm. 
 Even though he is getting just a couple bottles during the day- my nursing sessions in the afternoon with him after I get home have become longer and more drawn out.  Normally when I nurse him before bed he will sleep at least 7 hours before waking for the first time.  The bond I've developed with Canaan has been tremendously sweet. Sometimes he acts like a wild man and is super frustrating but that is usually when a growth spurt is happening.  He plays with my hair or my necklace while he nurses and I absolutely love spending that time with my sweet boy. So thankful I have been able to nurse him as long as I have.
   
P L A Y // D E V E L O P M E N T 

Canaan loves to play this month!  I have really noticed a change in his observance of the hanging toys on the play mat as well as his banana teether LOL. He has mastered the grasping of toys and once he gets ahold of the toy it goes straight into his mouth.  EVERYthing goes into his mouth these days.  He found both his feet and his hands this month and has one or the other in his mouth at all times.  No signs of teeth just yet, but we are approaching the stages, I think.
He has become very aware of his surroundings.  Responds to someone calling his name, dad's voice, mom's voice.  He loves to be close and loves to be cuddled, only by mama though.
I sort of love it.
The drool and spit bubbles have started and I'm making use of the drooler bandana bibs more than I thought I would. Im about to make another purchase SOON
He rolls from tummy to back.  He hasn't mastered moving that arm out of the way, to roll the other way so he ends up hanging out on his side.









S L E E P 


Naps are pretty consistent at 2 times throughout the day.  He gets a long nap late morning/early afternoon usually 3 hours and then he will take a mini nap, about an hour for me in the late afternoon/early evening. We start our bedtime routine at 8 with bath and nursing and then he is usually asleep by 8:45 and he will sleep for me until 3:30/4:00/4:30 around one of those times and then he goes right back to sleep after nursing and then will wake for the day around 7:00/7:30/8:00 depending on when he woke during the night.



C A N A A N

 What a big BOY you are, sweet one!  I've absolutely loved seeing your amazing personality shine this past month!  You have a smile for everyone you see and we can't help but smile back at you..it is 100% contagious.  You are contagious.  Everyone seems to fall in love with you the moment they lock eyes.  You are still quite the talker, whether it be to people, your toys, mama or daddy, and especially the ceiling fan.  Occasionally you'll have me locked in a gaze, grabbing my arm as if to say "what I'm about to say is very important, mama!"  You also love to chat me up while nursing, which is adorable but makes feeding slow.  I do wish I knew what exciting stories you were sharing.  
You have discovered both your hands and your feet this month and are chewing away on your fingers and toes constantly.  When your hands aren't in your mouth they are holding your tiny feet.  You also graduating to size 2 diapers!  That belly of yours is out.of.control. and it takes everything I have not to blow raspberries all over your tummy anytime its peeking out from your shirt or during diaper changes. You are so very precious when it comes to how loving your personality has become.  It is my absolute favorite when you pull me in as close as possible and whale your raspy voice in my face.  Hands down some of my favorite moments with you, my sweet boy.  
A few weeks ago you rolled over from your stomach to your back!  I'm not sure who was more shocked, you or your mama!  But I was sitting right there to witness it and it was the greatest feeling ever.  I was so proud and cheered you on to do it over and over again.  You've rolled several times since and are now trying to roll from back to stomach.  No luck yet(just once)...not until we figure out that pesky arm in the way.  

Your legs are so strong!  You love to stand on our laps and can do it for quite awhile.  You are just so cute, Canaan!!

I'm am positive that I kiss your sweet cheeks a thousand times a day.  You put up with my silly voices, my bouncing around, and my constant snuggles well and give me the biggest grin every.single.time.  I wish you weren't in such a hurry to grow up because I sure do love this stage with you, baby boy.










 my funny boy

Daddy's boy

PIGGY














Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment