Sunday, July 12, 2015

A calling.

The feet of missionaries and church planting wives are honoring the calling of God in their lives.



Oprah once said "...honor your calling. It's why you were born and how you become most truly alive." Now I wouldn't call myself an Oprah fan, she never gave ME a car, but she made a very accurate statement above.
I get questioned a lot on how I "manage" everything I do, between having a career, obtaining my Masters degree currently, keeping up with having a home, and being a pastors wife. I don't know if I would call it "manage" or "balance". I seem to relate better to exhaustion and there are moments when I have sat and watched it all crash down around me and I fail to die to my flesh.
Even in the midst of total exhaustion and chaos at times there is rest and peace in my soul. This rest and peace I find in my soul is because I am honoring the call of God in my life to be who HE made me to be, and there is still grace that comes in the chaos because of my obedience to Him. I can't give you a rule book for "balance" or calling, and neither than anyone else. Run after your calling and I promise he will give you grace and peace, and rest for whatever He has called you to do. Obedience to Him brings more blessings than you can imagine.
The Lord has called me to be the wife of a church planting Pastor, and others may look at us and invite us to speak as missionaries, but we feel totally unworthy, this is our life. We get to serve God, we would be doing it regardless if we had a church to shepard over or not. It is incredible how the Lord puts a call in your life and how he grows and develops the calling in your heart. He has given me desires that I never dreamed I would have. We got to be instruments for Him in starting a church and now it is infectious in my soul. I found myself washing dishes the other day asking my husband "How many churches do you think we can plant in our life time?!" We then began dreaming of our next church plant. We want to be a church that plants churches. His call in our lives, has become our greatest desire-fulfilling it.
2 Timothy 1:7-9 says For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
Paul writing to Timothy verse 9 "but according to HIS own purpose" not Jessica's purpose or (insert your name) purpose, but HIS purpose. We have a holy calling, pursue it, run with it, embrace it, live for it. You will be most fulfilled and satisfied when you do!

No comments :

Post a Comment