Tuesday, May 9, 2017

What got us here.




So who remembers the Bath & Body aromatherapy brand from probably 15 years ago? When I was that age Bath & Body Works was like the gold mine of jr high. My dresser/vanity could have been a display in the store. They had this stuff at the time called headache relief and it came in a roll on, more than likely I got it during a semi annual sale and thanks to good ole Google I found a picture. Around that jr high age I got frequent headaches for a period of time and no lie that stuff worked (it was peppermint)! FULL DISCLAIMER: Knowing what I know now, I'm certain BBW wasn't selling pure therapeutic grade oils, but hey it sparked my initerest way back when. 


Flash forward to marrying my husband, David has always, always hated even having Tylenol in our home, due to past event in his life that has lead him to have that passion in his heart and I totally respect him for that, there have been times I have begged him to take something just because I cant bare to see him in pain or hurt. Because of this we have always tried and used natural remedies first, a lot I owe to my great grandma.

Then we added puppies to our home and one Saturday afternoon I found myself on the phone with poison control for pets because I was cleaning my bathroom, and our Ronin was following behind me, licking up the Scrubbing Bubbles as I was spraying and let soak. Have no fear he is alive and more than well today. That incident began my push to more natural cleaning products. I slowly began switching my cleaning products to The Honest Company. This has been the hardest for me. I love a good clean smell. I like for everything to be clean and I like for it to smell clean as well. I love The Honest Company and we get several of their bundles, diapers and wipes, the essentials bundles, the formula bundles, and their wellness bundle, we have used TONS of their products and love using them. I know their products clean and clean well but they do lack the deep clean smell that I love. If you use code SAVE35 on your first bundle subscription you will receive 35% off.

We have used oils various times and for various reasons but never consistently, mostly when fighting allergies or a cold. Over the last year I have been slowly trying to add them into our routine more frequently and the more I have added them into our daily life the more I have desired to use them more and more and to find more and more uses for them. Having a child makes you hyper aware of everything surrounding your family and your little one.  I never wanted to be on the phone with poison control for my dog and I certainly never want to be with my child. There are so many thing you have to worry about as a parent, having added chemicals in our life that I can avoid is not one I want to have to worry about.



 I have mentioned several times how SLOW of a process it has been for us to get to this point and we still have some things to learn and lots more ways to implement them into our daily life.I am going to continue sharing with you all the ways we are doing this and how you can too. I am so excited to be a member with Young Living and to be able to share all of this with all of you. For the first two months(May-June) I am offering you my wholesale price, that's 24% off, on all oils and oil blends, along with many more specials!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment