Friday, September 9, 2016

TWO.

TWO.
I can hardly believe I am sitting here writing about another month of milestones.  Another month of change.  Another month of life with our sweet Canaan Jude.  Two whole months!  While I can say that time is definitely flying, last month's post seems like ages ago!  Even as I look at pictures of Canaan's 2nd month (and there are a bazillion of them) he has changed so much.



Canaan turns two months old today and 9 weeks old tomorrow - and we went in to visit Dr. Tony for a check up.  We are weighing in at just under 10 pounds (!!) We just are in size 1 diapers and our 0-3 month clothes are finally starting to fit him well, we are still rocking the bigger size newborn clothes too! 

Canaan at TWO months
Weight: 9 pounds 14.5 ounces (5th percentile)
Birth: 6 lbs 9 oz
Height: 23 in (50th percentile)
Birth: 19.5 in
Head: 37cm (3rd percentile)


 Dr. Tony gave him the once over and everything looked perfect!  I always walk into these check up appointments with a twinge of anxiety in the pit of my stomach- what if something is wrong and I, his mother, doesn't even know it?! But, our sweet boy looked good and healthy - no concerns!  He was really pleased with how well he's growing and how consistent his growth charts looked. His umbilical cord hernia even seems to be just about healed.

I had terrible anxiety over his shots and David and I opted for a modified vaccine schedule after MUCH research. Mommies and Daddies have to make tough decisions, to each their own. Canaan rocked it and daddy even considers the Spider-Man bandaid they brought in as confirmation.



whats new..


He's growing and changing so much in just days at a time.
BIG news for our sweet boy- he started smiling.


 ..and the smiles consume his entire face and just might be the most amazing thing you've ever seen.



other things..

He slept 5.5 hours straight // hit his first growth spurt (and it was a doozy!) // slept in his crib at nap time // found his hands (and devours them most of the time)
LOVES the swing, his wubby, the black and white mobile above his mamaroo, being nosey up over mommy or daddy's shoulder, white noise, nursing, sleeping on his belly on our chest, stroller walks, and getting a bath.
HATES the carseat if it's not moving. 



I also have tried to put a regular routine in place.  Up until this point I have been basically winging it - allowing him to make the schedule.  But, a schedule on my terms has proven to be an awesome change for Mr. Canaan.  Canaan is now pretty predictable now. He wakes up anywhere between 6:30am and 7am to nurse and then typically goes back down within about a hour and will cat nap until 10am-10:30am. He will eat about every three hours during the day and stays awake 1.5-2 hours at a time before he is ready for a nap again. He naps 3-4 times a day, usually for 45-60 minutes at a time, except for his early afternoon nap which is usually 2-3 hours long. Our bedtime routine starts around 8-8:30, we place him in the bath tub every night for the routine of it and so he knows it's about to be bedtime. We only actually bathe him every other night so his skin doesn't dry out, we have had to be really careful with his skin just being up against someone with strong perfume can make him breakout for days. He gets a bath and then nurses and either daddy or myself rocks him to sleep for the night between 9pm-10pm.

He makes thee best faces during bath time.

E A T
Boyfriend absolutely loves to eat as evidenced by his weight gain of TWO pound since his one month check up.  Every 3-4 hours is most typical, but I still feed on demand which some times can be every 2 hours.  Thankfully not every feeding is this way!  I don't pump everyday, but when I get a chance (and have the energy) I pump in the morning after he eats.  I've got a little stash going, every time I stick a bag of milk in the freezer its a feeling of accomplishment. (Sorry if this is stuff you don't care about, these are mostly for me and wanting to remember this life with our little guy, I'm just throwing these updates out there for everyone.)
He isn't a super huge fan of the bottle, but we haven't offered it a ton so I hope with enough practice by the time I go back to work at the beginning of next month he won't mind it.  


P L A Y / D E V E L O P M E N T
The cooing/talking and some babble started this month, and Oh I just love this stage! 



The first time he cooed out loud it almost caught me off guard.  I was so impressed with his little voice.. I bounced around trying to make him talk again just so I could hear that sweet voice again!  During the day, Canaan really is a super enjoyable baby.  If you can get him to lock eyes with you, He is super happy and content. He also likes to complain a bit now too - Its not a cry.. its more of a continuous grunt. He lets us know when he is not diggin something, like we have him on the floor to play but he really wants in his swing. He's great at lifting his head during tummy time and when we are holding him.


He is starting to really love his bouncer some we started placing it up high, like on the kitchen table, so he can see what is going on with us. Laying on the play mat he will bat at the toys, but if they are hanging too close to his face he gets overwhelmed and starts to cry... so I have to make sure he's got some space between her so he can focus on whats hanging in front of him. We just got him a playmat where he can kick his little feet on the piano at the bottom and he loves it. I thought it might be a little longer before he could make it go but sure enough he got the hang of it.



S L E E P

Canaan sleeps pretty well in my opinion. He normally falls asleep around 9:00-10:00pm and then wakes around 2:00 for basically a snack he won't nurse more than 5 minutes before he is out again until 5:30-6:00am. I've debated holding out around 2am to see if he would fall back asleep on his own. He still sleeps in his Moses basket rocker at night next to our bed. I really would like to try to start him in his crib around the time I go back to work but now that that time is almost here I'm not so sure. I just love having him next to me and plopping him in bed to snuggle when he wakes in the morning. So maybe he will remain in our room a little longer.





C A N A A N


You are two whole months, our great big boy!  And we love it more and more every day!  As each day passes your daddy and me find it easier to manage life as three  - and can't imagine it any other way.  This month you've experienced a ton of 'new' and firsts - time is going so fast and I'm trying my best to soak in every moment with you. 
You are pretty content just hanging out in mom or dad's lap, but if someone tries to cradle you like a baby would be, you let them know really quickly that you are not having any of that.  You roll over from belly to back and from back to side. You love to be on the move when your on the floor for tummy time you squirm around like you have somewhere to be.
You are still content to accompany me and dad to run errands and go places like your first trip to Ohiopyle.  Though you now prefer to be part of the action rather than snooze in your stroller/carseat. I often strap you in the Solly, and you quickly conk out . You have found your voice this month and each time you let us hear it is like he very first.


Sweet Canaan your personality is starting to shine and we couldn't love you more!




t w o month photo d u m p

I believe these are hands?!

Canaan got t o meet his GREAT Gramma!

Add caption
Add caption



THAT face.
Tummy Time

BLOWOUT at Ohiopyle



WUBANUB LOVE
THAT hair.
"WHOA! How long have those bee there?"
so thats wind?!
just a swingin



"I'll punch you dad, I really will."
He has probably given his daddy the biggest smiles so far!





This boy.  Rocks my whole world- and cannot believe how much my heart has grown since he joined our family.

No comments :

Post a Comment