Monday, August 15, 2016

How to: Sunbleaching


My little guy had his first blow out in a onesie that belonged to his cousin. The event was quiet hilarious. David decided to take charge of this one and I followed suit for entertainments sake. Thanks to the nifty trick on Pinterest I learned onesies can be pulled down over their bodies instead of up over their heads and leaving a mess. After David had the onesie off he proceeded to throw the onesie away and I had to stop him informing him that the onesie wasn't ours (I had borrowed a few newborn items from my sister in law because I didn't have very many newborn size clothes and I didn't think he would be in them very long) much to his disgust he replied "well who wants it back?, give it to them right now." Needless to say I didn't bag it up and give it back to them in that condition. In comes sunbleaching... I didn't even know it was a thing, maybe you've heard of it and I'm just clueless but I washed said onesie in the honest brand laundry detergent and I sprayed the stains with dreft stain remover. Once washed it was placed in the dryer and came out looking like this..
BEFORE
... With the all too familiar dingy yellowed spot that frequents most baby clothes found in second hand stores. I then took the onesie and laid it in direct sunlight for 6 hours and I found it on my sidewalk looking just like this...
AFTER
...TADA! It's magic I swear! I've done this a few times so far and it amazes me every single time! 
Let me know if you have done this before!



No comments :

Post a Comment