Saturday, August 12, 2017

Canaan's First Birthday: Canaan Parties Like An Animal


If you know me then you know parties are my jam. I love to throw parties, mostly for the themes and decorating and celebrating a special person! I love to celebrate the special people in my life so I couldn't wait to throw a first birthday party for our little guy. 
MONTHS go into planning parties-at least thats how it goes for me. Details are my favorite and I love going against the grain with traditional themes. Poor Canaan will probably never get to pick a party theme. Picking them theme Canaan Parties like an Animal, was fun, and colorful like our boy who loves animals.

We stuck wth certain colors oranges, yellows, teals, and greys. Even for the food!



No party is complete without party hats and balloons.




I had so many other plans for Canaan's party, the party was supposed to be outdoors, and up until about 45 minutes before everyone showed up it was. Call me the optimist, but I kept believing the rain would pass over us and that was not the case. Thankful for so many friends and family that came early because well the real party troopers do! We hauled everything inside(thankful for an indoor option, even though it wasn't part of my pinterest board plan) and reset up the entire party minus a few of the fun outdoor things we had that no one ever saw, that my poor sweet husband worked tirelessly on, in 30 minutes. So if I looked like a drenched rat in the rest of these pictures thats why and if you think I don't contact my sister in law to take your pictures, she works wonders ;)

I learned a lesson that day-there will be no second birthday party! Kidding! I'm so very thankful for every one of our friends and family that ended up helping when they should of been able to come and just enjoy the party. Gosh aren't friends and family the greatest?! We are blessed.








































After the party I felt like I wanted to hide in a hole and turn in my party planner badge to another more rightful owner, but the party wasn't about me, it was about Canaan and can't you tell he had a blast! I am so thankful for my sister in law who exhausted herself helping me, but taking these photos she made me feel better about the whole party and convinced me that we needed to celebrate again the next days SANS rain, on Canaan's actual birthday! So we did. We invited our families and celebrated at home after church.

Of course we decorated again!


































We ended the day blackberry picking, well some of us did more eating than picking.






This is one of my new favorite picture, no one really paying attention, this is life. 

What a sweet life, what a sweet first birthday.

We are over the moon in love with our boy and everyone who made his day extra special, not only the day but his whole first year!! You all are loved so much by us!

Canaan's Party Outfit: June & January
Canaan's Birthday Outfit: Mudpie
Daddy's Party Animal Tee: Amazon
Mommy's Giraffe Perfect T: Lularoe





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment